Tuesday, August 6, 2013

IN BUGANDA WE WALK LIKE MEN!



In our Baganda cultural when one is asked to walk like a man; one is simply being asked to recite by memory their ancestral lineage back to as many great, great, great grandparents: what part of Buganda they came from, are they dead or alive, one must also state their clan and pledge allegiance to the Kingdom and King.

Built in 1881, this is the largest grass hut in the world, and oldest, also burial place for four kings; most important for me, this is were I was born and often played hide and seek here!
Here is a tested of how I would WALK like a MAN my friends; mind you this is all done in Luganda which I am very fluent at…

My name is Jeremy Ernest Kimbugwe Jjemba

I am Nicholas Jjemba’s son of Wakiso, in Busiro of Buganda Kingdom (one has a choice to add other relatives related to one’s father especially his brothers, one’s uncles)

I am a grandson of the late Mulangira (Prince) Zimbe resting in peace in Kona, in Busiro of Buganda (same here one has a choice to name their grandfather’s siblings.) (male only)
Then you would state you great grandfather

I am the great grandson of Omulangira (Prince) Ssenti resting in peace in Kona, in Busiro of Buganda (same thing, you add a couple more of his siblings)

I am also a greatttttt grandson to Sselwano Ssenti resting in peace in Kona, Busiro of Buganda.
I am also a greatttt grandson to ***King Jjuuko of Bujuuko in Buganda, the 16th King of Buganda from 1680 A.D to 1690 A.D

I am also related to King Kimbugwe of Bugwanya of Busiro in Buganda, the 13th King of Buganda from 1634 to 1644 A.D

Kimubgwe was King Ssunna’s son; Ssunna was 11th king from Gimbo in Buganda from 1584 to 1614 A.D

King Ssunna had a brother named Jjemba who was the 10th King of Buganda… from 1564 A.D to 1584 A.D

They also had a brother named Mulondo who was the 9th King and their father Nakibinge was 8th king…..it goes on and on just like that all the way to one person …in my case it would be Kato Kintu who was the first to rule this ancient throne nearly 1000 years back …..

My friends knowing your ancestral is what we Banganda mean when we say WALK LIKE A MAN!

**** King Jjuuko king from 1680 A.D to 1690 A.D is my direct greatttt grandfather*** I am a distant cousin to the throne of Buganda! Kudos to me right? 

knowing the above at times may save you from dying..and will earn you a place among MEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 key attributes and contributions for a beginning soccer coach

  As a soccer coach, there are numerous qualities and skills you can bring to the table to ensure the success and development of your team. ...